Thursday, September 11, 2008

On a Sunday afternoon......

When out and about this past Sunday, driving by Michael's what do Mom and I see? Artificial pumpkins! I tell Mom about the cute ones that Julie Day has done for some of my fellow blogger friends. (I remember them from last year and Suz and I were just talking about them recently.) Mom thinks that they sound super cute which causes us to purchase pumpkins. First of all, there are some outside in bins but we knew that there would be more options as far as shapes and sizes inside so we go in. Right inside the front door is another bin and a sign on the front says 40% off! We are excited about this since the price of the pumpkins we like are $16.99 or more. We each pick one we like and then continue on into the store to browse around and look at other fall ideas. After deciding that the pumpkin is all we need since Mom already had paint and brushes at home, we make our way to check out. I'm up first and the cashier scans the tag and my pumpkin does not ring up on sale......I ask if they are on sale as the sign states and they don't believe so. Then a manager is called up and I show them the sign, hoping that they honor what it states and they do! They did so for my mom as well and as we are leaving the store the 40% off sign is being removed. We were very thankful that Michael's honored it since that is what was there and plus we would not have paid $16.99 or more for a pumpkin. Here's the making of our "pretty pumpkins".....not the greatest but not too shabby for our first try at this ESPECIALLY since my mom and I aren't the craftiest ones around. :O)


Mom hard at work on her pumpkin.

Pumpkins in process.

Concentrating hard to get things right on my pretty pumpkin!

Our finished products. (Mom has added a really CUTE ribbon that she got at the dollar store. I'll have to get a new picture of hers.....the ribbon really added a lot.)

My little pumpkin.

~These would make fabulous fall gifts if you have the patience to try it out. If anyone knows where to get the artificial pumpkins at a good price, please let me know!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Love your pumpkin! So cute :o)

Dolly said...

Yours turned out really cute Ashleigh! Good job on the sale price too. I know that made it even more fun!

Donna said...

Good Job! Those turned out cute. If you get the Sunday paper, there is usually a 40% off coupon for Michael's and one for AC Moore. Michael's will accept any coupons from AC Moore or Hobby Lobby, FYI.

Jennifer said...

I'm thinking I want you to get my name for Denise's "fall swap"! HA HA Those are really cute and look like you bought them at a cute little boutique.

Momofgirls said...

Today Michael's had them on sale for $5.99.....i bought 7!!!

Suzanne said...

Love them Ash! Love them! I am so not this creative!

Happy Four said...

Just stopping by to say hello. I am thrilled that you selected my name. it is so fun to think that you signed up for the exchange and got me.

I got Julie Day and haven't met her either, but as I am not at all crafty I had to purchase her items. The pressure, the pressure. I don't do crafts at all and so wish I had that gift, but don't.

my blog is: http://happyfour.blogspot.com

if you would like to see my little fam.