Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Month of July Flew Right By!

(*Warning, long post due to lots of pictures. :O) )

The month of July flew right by with many fun events to attend and two trips. One trip was to the beach with a friend and one was to Washington DC with my family. (Which I will do a new post on!) It's always fun to see pictures of events so here you go. :O)

First was a cookout at Erin's house with some CharlotteONE friends the Sunday before 4th of July. We grilled out, played Cranium, and what would a summer cookout be without a water balloon toss??

These were our cranium creations.

Hokey Pokey Puppeteering- Shannon & I

Cranium Winners! Don't ya love the mohawk??

Look at Alissa's form for the water balloon toss!

The following Thursday was Pops in the Park over at Southpark Mall. It was my first ever Pops and the last one of the year. It was SO much fun!! The Charlotte Symphony Orchestra performed and since it was right before the 4th of July, it was mostly patriotic music and really enjoyable! If you live in the area, you should check it out next year....plus it's free! Once again this was attended with CharlotteONE friends.....there were many of us that congregated on the hill. Such FUN!

Alissa, Amanda, & I

Alissa, Rey & I

Tony, myself, & Rey

Michael....who is moving to Florida soon....:o(

Ani & I.....we originally met through CharlotteONE but now she works at BGEA too. Fabulous friend! :O)

Erica, myself & Meredith....such fun friends!

The next day was the 4th of July and I headed to the lake where some CharlotteONE friends were. It was a fun day! Some went out on the boat for the fireworks at the bridge but we all wouldn't fit but you could also see them from the dock. We ended up sitting on the dock pretty late, just talking away....
Amanda & Kyle

Liz & Katie

Alissa helping Amy with her tripod.

Me making fun of Amy.....she had the strap to her camera that was on the tripod around her neck......nope it wasn't going in the water!

Myself, Amy, Alissa, & Amanda

Lots of feet

Saturday, July 5th was a birthday party for several friends so they rented out Loft 1523. Neat place; classy, not clubby, just nice & mingly, good conversation...much fun was had as you can see....
Jess & I

One of the group shots.

Grubbs & the Girls!

Ani, Andy, & I

Rockstars!! Autumn & I

Group shot outside on the patio.

Grubbs & Tony

Amy in her fabulous blue dress and Jess.

Tony, Rey, & I

And lastly, my friend Erin invited me to the beach for the weekend. Her family had been there all week but she wasn't able to take that week off so we just went down for the weekend. Upon our arrival on Friday evening, her family had a talent show. They had been working on their acts all week and wanted Erin and I to be the judges. It was VERY entertaining!! This was my first time to Ocean Isle.....enjoyable beach.

Erin & I on the way to the beach!

Several more posts coming over this week. :O)

5 comments:

Dolly said...

Wow Ashleigh! Looks like you're having a fun summer with lots of friends. Good update on your post!

Niki said...

When do you sleep???

Suzanne said...

I love the feet picture!! and I too am a fan of Ocean Isle. Spent some time there in high school and college. You are a busy girl and I am glad you are finally posting about some of your activities!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl--
Please check out my blog-- I am doing a Preppy Swap and want you to be apart of it :)
I cannot figuere out how to tag you, so I am posting a comment.
Let me know if you want to join :)
Would love to have you!
-Silvia

Donna said...

Woah! You were a busy girl in July, huh?! I"m tired just from seeing all the outings you did. I'm glad you had a fun time:)